Good News- Choir resumes as a Music Course
Due to Covid Restrictions – limited singing
KCHC SECONDARY (7th -12th grades) Tuesday 12noon-1:00p
KCHC ELEMENTARY (1st-6th grades) Wednesday 2:15-3:15
Masks and social distancing will be observed until Knox County restrictions are lifted.
KCHC abbreviated for Knox County Homeschool Chorus
Thank you for your interest in the Knox County Homeschool Chorus! Please read the information below. If you are interested in pursuing membership in the choir music course, please follow instructions on the registration form.
We look forward to making music with your children!
Katie Howe & Lindsey Cope
Choir Music Course:
Where: Located in the recital hall at Bill Jones Music, 10412 Kingston Pike in West Knoxville
When: **new times as of January 2021
Elementary Choir (1st-6th grades): Wednesdays 2:15-3:15
Secondary Choir (7th-12th grades): Tuesdays 12:00-1:00
Fees for non-Bill Jones Music School students:
$25 one time, once per family, registration fee
9 monthly payments of: 1st child: $40/month 2 kids: $65/month 3 kids:$80/month additional kids: $5/month (payments are due at the beginning of each month)
Fees for students of the Bill Jones Music School: -No Monthly Fee
Virtual Performance in May 2021
Music and binders will be provided, and will remain the property of the choir. Binders will be checked out to students at the beginning of the semester and returned at the end of each semester. Failure to return the binder or any music, will result in a fee equaling the cost of the misplaced music, as well as a fee to cover restocking/shipping for the replacement of the lost music. Music that is damaged or marked, limiting future use, will result in a fee equaling the cost of the damaged music. Repertoire will consist of unison and multi-part singing. We will be singing a wide variety of age appropriate sacred, folk, classical, baroque, American and international music.
- Notify the director if your child will be absent.
- Students are asked to commit to a full semester (from February to May 31).
- The commitment of each member is important, in order to achieve unity and consistency within the choir music course.
Your responsibilities in KCHC:
1. Understand and follow all policies and procedures
2. Exhibit self-discipline and act appropriately at all times.
3. Treat others with respect, trust, honesty, fairness, and kindness.
4. Take KCHC membership seriously and show you are committed to KCHC by doing your best to participate fully in rehearsals and performances
5. Be a positive representation of KCHC at our rehearsals and performances.
6.Notify the director of any absences
1. Students are asked to be respectful of other classes and lessons happening within the music school.
2. Students may not roam around the building without parental supervision
3. Keep the rehearsal space and lobby area clean
4. Students are NOT permitted to wait outside the building. They may wait to be picked up in the downstairs lobby, near the side entrance of the building or in the recital hall
Please download, print and fill out our KCHC Registration Form and bring to the administrative department located downstairs, or mail the form to:
Bill Jones Music
Attn: Marjorie Jones
10412 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37922
or email: Marjorie@BillJonesMusic.com